The Great Monster War
Hello everyone! I hope you all had fun reading/laughing/crying/wtf'ing at the chapter~
I read the original Japanese in advance since WSJ came out in Japan earlier than usual (and Viz was later than usual due to uh... reasons). I will always be picky with the official translation but there's nothing really inaccurate this time.
- Kageyama responds to Hinata's declaration (about no longer getting pre-match stomach problems) with, "Of course not, dumbass." 当たり前だ、ボゲェ。How I've missed Kageyama calling Hinata a dumbass.
- Atsumu legit calls Hinata "our spiker"!!!! Hinata's position change is now official :o
- Tsumu Tsumu and now "Myaa Samu" LOL, oh Bokuto. (Viz spelling them as Tsumtsum and Sam isn't wrong but just... looks wrong to me)
- Hinata's and Hoshiumi's actual heights: 172.2cm and 173.1cm. They grew!!!
- Atsumu misses Aran
just like I do, aw. One of Aran's lines in the imagine spot is へたくそ which is, "What is this crap!?/ This is shit!" etc lol
- The Kurowashiki All Japan Volleyball Tournament does indeed have all Division 1 teams, the top Division 2 and university teams and the No. 1 high school team play each other (this is for both boys and girls btw). According to the Japanese wiki, the No. 1 high school is whoever won Spring High that year.
- Sakusa still calling Ushijima "Wakatoshi-kun" already tugs my heart, but Atsumu calling Sakusa "Omi-kun"? I'm screaming
- Karasuno kouhai (as in younger than Hinata&co) finally appear, and with names! The way they say Hinata-san and Kageyama-san :'') Yaotome is likely the libero we saw in that one flashback.
- Whoever approved of Tanaka bruh'ing ever 5 seconds in Viz's translation deserves a demotion.
- Sugawara is even meaner to Tanaka when calling out to him in Japanese. He says, "Tanaka, you bastaaaard!!" 😂
- Pointless trivia, but for those wondering Hirugami calls his brother "Nii-chan" :')
I hope none of you were a dumbass like me and thought Fukuro Higurami was Sachiro Hirugami with a name change
- Sakusa sounds more threatening to Atsumu and Hinata in Japanese when they try to join Bokuto in his shenanigans. "Are you really going to do it?" Poor Sakusa for having to babysit the crazy trio.
- In the original Japanese, both Semi and Reon flat-out just say "Wakatoshi (lol)" 😂 not even the Ushiwaka is excused from their teasing
You are reading Haikyuu Chapter 379 in English. Read Chapter 379.000 of Haikyuu manga online on ww5.readhaikyuu.com for free.